We are restructuring our administrative/finance staff and looking for two great, new team members! Our Operations Manager is a full-time role and our Bookkeeper is 1/4-time.
North Carolina Hillel seeks a highly organized, detail-oriented professional with exceptional communications skills to serve as our Operations Manager. The Operations Manager will provide critical support to the Executive Director and will be responsible for the organization’s day-to-day operations. This colleague will be an essential member of the Hillel professional team and will play an active role in team meetings and organizational planning and decision-making. This is a full-time position in Chapel Hill, NC. The full posting can be found here.
We are also currently accepting resumes for the position of Bookkeeper. The Bookkeeper will report directly to the Executive Director and will support the organization’s financial operations. This is a ¼ time position; exact hours are flexible, and evening and weekend hours are typically not required. The position is located in Chapel Hill, NC.
What You’ll Do
- Financial management:
- Prepare and monitor the annual budget.
- Oversee fiscal operations.
- Ensure proper fiscal checks and balances.
- Reconcile bank statements.
- Provide financial reports to the Executive Director and Board of Directors as required.
- Attend monthly Financial Management Committee meetings.
- Prepare tax returns (990).
- Support accounting firm in their preparation of external financial review.
- Regularly conduct transactions:
- Write, mail, deposit and photocopy checks.
- Manage online donations and process credit card donations.
- Enter data into QuickBooks.
- Transfer funds to and from bank accounts.
- Verify receipts.
- Justify petty cash.
What You’ve Accomplished
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business, or related fields.
- 5+ years of bookkeeping experience.
What You’ll Bring to the Job
- Knowledge of essential computer software programs, including Excel and QuickBooks.
- A firm understanding of financial management.
- Organizational skills and the ability to operate in a fast-paced environment.
What You’ll Receive
- A competitive salary in the non-profit marketplace, commensurate with experience.
Desired start date: April 2017.
About North Carolina Hillel and UNC Chapel Hill
From its flagship at UNC Chapel Hill, North Carolina Hillel provides students at North Carolina’s public universities with opportunities to strengthen their Jewish identities, serving students across the state with staff on five campuses. In Hillel International’s 2016 survey of North American Jewish college students, UNC Chapel Hill Hillel ranked as the #1 most impactful Hillel.
Chartered in 1789, UNC Chapel Hill is the nation’s oldest public university, is consistently listed at the top of the many rankings of US public colleges and universities, and has been named to the Presidential Honor Roll for Public Service since its inception in 2006. The Triangle, which includes Chapel Hill, Durham and Raleigh, is one of the fastest-growing metro areas in the South, and routinely ranks at or near the top of national “quality of life” lists. The vibrant Chapel Hill/Durham Jewish community includes seven congregations, a new Jewish Community Center and The Sandra E. Lerner Jewish Community Day School (Pre-K - 5th grade). Moreover, the Jewish Federations located in Chapel Hill-Durham, Raleigh-Cary, Greensboro and Charlotte work together to form a strong connection across the state.
About Hillel International
In 1923, Rabbi Benjamin Frankel started Hillel with humble means, a noble mission and a breathtaking vision: to convey Jewish civilization to a new generation. Today, Hillel International continues to enrich the lives of Jewish students and is the largest Jewish campus organization in the world at more than 550 colleges and universities across North America and around the world. As Hillel evolves as an organization, the mission remains steadfast: to create lasting connections with students that foster an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning, and Israel and train them to become the next Jewish leaders.
North Carolina Hillel is affiliated with Hillel International. Hillel International enriches the lives of Jewish students so they may enrich the Jewish people and the world, and envisions a world where every student is inspired to make an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning and Israel.
Email Sue Klapper, Interim Operations Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject “NC Hillel Bookkeeper” and include your resume, cover letter and three references.